Cavignac & Associates is committed to hiring and developing the best workforce in our industry. We are dedicated to providing a working environment that allows each employee to have job satisfaction while at the same time meeting agency goals to provide the best service available to our clients. We wish to develop employees known for their skills, character, commitment and confidence, and we recognize the importance of each individual to the success of the company.
Cavignac & Associates offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including fully paid health and dental insurance, profit-sharing, and bonuses. We are conveniently located in downtown San Diego near the train and trolley stations, and close to most bus lines. We are always interested in speaking with people committed to an insurance career. See below for current openings. Other opportunities may include positions in the Claims, Sales, Risk Control, Employee Benefits, and Surety Departments.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com.
PART-TIME ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
The Part-Time Accounting Assistant is an important part of the accounting department; maintaining the accounting principles, practices and procedures of the agency, its clients and its vendors.
The following is illustrative of the general activities of this position and does not reflect each and every task this position may undertake. Training and resources will be provided to assure the employee is able to accomplish what is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
‘Essential duties’ are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Enter cash receipts in EPIC
- Inform Account Managers (AMs) and Account Executives (AEs) of overdue accounts
- Prepare accounts receivable reports and statements for AEs
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile direct bill commissions
- Create and send invoices for seminars and value added services
- Process client return premiums
- Reconcile company payables
EPIC Data Integrity
- Monthly income reconciliations – direct bill
- Perform Quality Control for AMs and AAs
- Run reports to assess commission levels, proper coding, etc.
- Train new employees in relation to invoicing and collections.
Education / Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA degree or current college coursework preferred
- Accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-developed professional, interpersonal and analytical skills with minimum supervision needed
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the agency
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong project management skills, establishing appropriate timelines and deadline management
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, such as MS Office and EPIC